- No Service Charge Savings for account owners under age 18
- Parent/Guardian must be on account
- Minimum of $100.00 required to open
- Federal regulation limits pre-authorized withdrawals to six per statement cycle (automatic & telephone payments, drafts, debit card and other similar transactions).1 Limit does not apply to withdrawals if done in person, by mail, messenger or ATM.
- No minimum balance required
- Quarterly printed or e-statement provided
- Free online banking
Visit one of our convenient Locations!
Now you have a savings account lets learn how to use it!
When you get birthday money, or earned a few dollars for chores, what do you do with it?
- spend all of your money?
- save all of your money?
- save some of it and spend the rest?
There is really no wrong answer, but let's learn to be money wise.
- When you earn or are gifted money deposit it in your savings account.
- Deposit = to put or place in a specific location
- Keep track of how much money you have. This way you know if you can afford that snack at school or that bookmark at the book fair.
- Remember that the more money you save, the more you can actually buy.
- Want a new game or even a bike? Find out how much the item costs and set a goal. Put money in your savings account until you can pay for the item.
1 Transfers and drafts in excess of the limitations will subject the account to loss of transfer and draft capabilities or closure. For all personal checking and savings accounts: All interest rates subject to change. Contact a Home Federal Bank location near you for interest rates. Must open account in person and live or work in our market area.