After setting up a conference call or in-person meeting with your loan officer, the process gets started in one of three ways:
1) We can begin with a quick pre-qualification based upon your answers to a few basic questions. Whether purchasing a new home or refinancing your existing home loan, the pre-qualification will provide you with a starting point for what your home loan might look like. You will have this preliminary information to guide you as you develop a plan for financing your home. A pre-qualification is not an application for a mortgage loan, and the approval of any subsequent mortgage loan you may apply for is not guaranteed.
2) We can review your full financial situation using a simple 2-2-1 process. This option will give you a comprehensive look at the loan types available for your home purchase or refinance. We will review:
- 2 years of your most recent tax information including your 1040, W-2s, 1099s and K-1s
- 2 months of your most recent asset statements including checking, savings, retirement and investment accounts
- 1 month of your most recent pay stubs
3) If you have already found the home you want to purchase or if you know the type of refinance program that will work best for you, you can move directly to the formal, mortgage, loan application process. A formal mortgage loan application also requires the 2-2-1 financial information listed above.
Remember, as your local home finance partners, we are here to help you with local answers and quick response times, all the way from your initial planning stages to your loan closing. Thank you for choosing Home Federal Bank as your local partner in home lending.
If you are Military, a Teacher, a Doctor, Nurse, EMT, Fire Fighter, Police Officer or Professional we may have a program just for you! Find out more about our Special Programs.
Conventional Home Loans Conventional mortgages are not federally backed, but must adhere to specific guidelines set by Fannie Mae. This type of mortgage is suited to those with good or excellent credit. Rates can be fixed or flexible. A down payment is typically required. HFB offers local underwriting, low rates and quick turnaround with our conventional loans. HFB is an approved Fannie Mae Seller-Servicer, so your loan can be serviced locally by our team. When you have a question, we're right here to help!
FHA & VA Loans An FHA insured loan is a US Federal Housing Administration mortgage insurance backed mortgage loan, which is provided by a FHA-approved lender. FHA loans are a type of federal assistance and have historically allowed lower income Americans to borrow money for the purchase of a home that they would not otherwise be able to afford.
VA-guaranteed loans are available to service members, veterans and eligible surviving spouses. VA loans have competitive interest rates and often require no down payment or private mortgage insurance.
HFB has been a HUD approved lender since 1928 and is endorsed by HUD and VA to underwrite and approve FHA and VA loans. This means your loan is underwritten and approved locally.
USDA Rural Development Loans HFB is one of the largest Rural Development lenders in the state of Louisiana. When your property qualifies and your income does not exceed a certain limit, no down payment is required!*
A HELOC loan gives you a revolving credit line, similar to that of a credit card. Using your home as collateral, you can write yourself a vacation loan, home remodeling loan or a loan for whatever your special needs may be.
With great rates and interest that may be tax deductible, using a HELOC is a better way to afford everything. You can borrow as little as $10,000 or as much as 89.99% of your home's lendable equity.†
Learn more here.
*All loans are subject to credit and collateral approval, NMLS #503926. † Lendable Equity: the amount represented by the current, appraised value of your home minus any existing debt secured by your home.